Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Lesson 2: Oh how things change!

Our house stays clean...most of the time...it is a little difficult to keep everything in its place with an 11 month old. Needless to say, there isn't much Julia can get into that is dirty or could potentially be bad for her. And if you have ever been in our house then you know that there isn't a whole lot of places she can go without us being able to see her.

So, you will now understand that I was in complete shock when I couldn't find her the other day...walked up stairs (like she could even get up there), went in the kitchen, looked in our laundry room, and then I heard it...the strangest splashing sound...water?...inside?

THE TOILET!!!
I had forgotten to put the lid to the toilet down and she found out that this big, white bowl was really cool. Toilet water was everywhere...all over her (and we were getting ready to leave), all over her toys that she was playing with, and all over my bathroom floor. That was the first "episode," as my great-grandmother used to say.

That same day she discovered that it was really fun to pull everything out of the big, black thing Mommy opened and closed everyday. Yes...the garbage can. And yes. She pulled in over and was pulling everything out of it. I guess the real question is, "where was I when all of this was going on?"...it all happened so fast!!!

The two grossest things in our house, the toilet and the garbage can, are now the two things we cannot keep her away from! Why in the world with all of the toys, books, games, puzzles, etc. does she want to play in those two things??!

 After all of the clean up I couldn't help but laugh. I mean two or three years ago I would have been so grossed out by this....cleaning up toilet water and old garbage. Funny how the gross and ususual has changed into my normal life. I like it though :)

Guilty.

1 comment:

Cassidy Robinson said...

Haha! How cute is that last picture?! :)