Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Lesson 3: She Has 'em Marked!

Today was one of those days that I will remember for a long time. Nothing really special happened today. It was just one of those days.

 Around lunch today Julia and I headed out to see my dad. He has been sick lately. I knew it would do him some good for us to stop by. He tried hard to feel good enough to visit and play with Julia but it was evident that he was trying...and that is unusual. See, he and my mom very rarely have to try to get excited about Julia, or JuJu as we call her, coming to their house. It just comes naturally...imagine that.

I enjoy seeing my parents as grandparents. I really never thought they would love someone like they do my brother, myself, and Tim...but oh my do they ever.

I looked around their house today and in every room, on every table, or stand, in every visible place, there are pictures of Julia. There are even finger prints left on the mirrors from where she has touched the glass. And if you know my mom at all, then you know that every single Thursday night her house is cleaned from top to bottom...so that was definitely done on purpose!

I knew as I was leaving today that I needed to make sure every bowl and bottle, toy and book were put away before I left, because if my mom got home from work and saw that stuff out she would have been sad to see all of that and not see Julia. So I cleaned up, hugged dad, and we headed home.

While thinking of all of this today, I came across a verse in Proverbs (17:6) and the first part of it gave me a laugh. It read:

"Old people are distinguished by their grandchildren..."

I didn't laugh because it said "old people" but because the word distinguished means "marked." And boy does she ever have 'em marked!!

Te-Ta, JuJu, and G-Pa


No comments: